Do you have a special affiliation (as a supporter, a volunteer, or a paid staff member) with a non-profit organization that works to build peace and address pressing social concerns? Could this organization use additional funding support?
Each fall, Adelphi Friends Meeting’s Peace and Social Concerns Committee invites applications for funds to support non-Quaker organizations during the following year. Past grants have been made in amounts ranging from $200 to $3,500. We especially invite members and attenders of Adelphi Friends Meeting to submit a request on behalf of an organization with which they are affiliated. By focusing on the people within our Quaker Meeting who can be bridges between the Meeting and the organizations we fund, we hope to establish a strong spiritual and financial relationship with organizations doing good work in the community.
Please send your application, along with any photographs and other supporting materials, electronically
to LivingPeaceGrants@adelphifriends.org The deadline for receiving applications is November 1, 2018.
2018’s grants allocations have been determined.
Please provide the following information about the Non-Quaker Organization that is seeking a Living Peace Grant from Adelphi Friends Meeting for 2019:
- Details about the applying organization:
- Organization’s name
- Organization’s mailing address
- Name(s), email(s) and phone number(s) of the individual(s) at the organization responsible for managing the grant award and/or overseeing the activities to be funded under the grant
- Organization’s web address, if available
- Organization general email address
- Organization’s mission
- Organization’s 501 (c)(3) status.
- If available, a copy of the organization’s most recent annual budget and annual report. If the organization does not have an annual report, please summarize how organizational funding has been allocated in the past.
- Details about the Adelphi Friends Meeting (AFM) member/attender who is currently affiliated with the organization and is making this request on behalf of the organization as the AFM Liaison:
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- A brief description of the member/attender’s work and/or association with the organization.
- A summary of the proposed project and activities, not to exceed five pages, including the following:
- Project description and purpose
- Community and/or individuals served and location of activities
- Specific dollar amount requested, and details about how those funds will be used. Note that the Living Peace Grants will be disbursed in two payments, February and July 2019, with possible variation depending on the availability of funds. If this project’s success depends on receiving all the funds in one lump sum payment, you may request an exception to the usual payment schedule. In your request, please explain your reason for needing the exception and when you would ideally like to receive the funds.
- Expected outcomes from a successful project
- Plan and timeline for project implementation
- If funding for this project has been received from AFM in past years, what were the results? For example: who was helped, and how? How did the project contribute to strengthening community and promoting peace? What were the ways that the project reflected Quaker values and spirituality? Please be as specific as possible.
- Volunteer Needs: A description of how this work/organization might provide an opportunity for AFM members/attenders to become involved or expand their level of involvement
Applications for funding must be received by November 1, 2018. Please email your application to LivingPeaceGrants@adelphifriends.org
Consideration process/disbursement of funds/reporting
- November 1, 2018 – Applications received by Peace and Social Concerns (P&SC).
- December 2018 – P&SC presents the first reading of funding recommendations at Meeting for Worship for the Conduct of Business.
- January 2019 – P&SC presents the second reading of funding recommendations at Meeting for Worship for the Conduct of Business. P&SC will contact applicants to report the results of their grant application, and give grant recipients details about the fund disbursement schedule and how we expect them to report progress and share information about the project with the Adelphi Friends Meeting community.
- February 2019 – Funded projects receive the first installment of funding (changes in timing may occur based on availability of funds). Please notify P&SC at the email address provided when you have received the funds.
- February 25, 2019 – Deadline by which recipients of the 2018 Grants (and/or their Adelphi liaisons) are asked to create and submit 4-6 pictures with captions highlighting their organization and its work. This will be shared with the Adelphi community during our potluck lunches after Meeting and at other gatherings, and may also be posted to our website. Please include photographs of clients, staff, and events. Add some inspirational quotations. Share the hard work, the accomplishments and the joy. We hope that this will be a way of connecting solid organizations doing good work with the members of Adelphi whose donations have made this work possible. It is encouraging when folks can see how their money is transformed into opportunities for people and their communities to thrive.
- June 2019 – Organization should email a brief update on the progress of the funded project to P&SC at the email address provided.
- July 2019 – Funded projects receive the second installment of funding (changes in timing may occur based on availability of funds). Please notify P&SC at the email address provided when you have received the funds.
- January 2020 – The funded project, or the portion of a project that is funded through the Living Peace Grant, should be completed, with all awarded funds spent.